Alberta Theatre Projects is looking for a team oriented individual to fulfill the position of Technical Director with work commencing in mid-September.
We create community by producing relevant, high quality contemporary theatre; by playing a national leadership role in the development and creation of new Canadian plays; and by bringing audience and artists together in an exchange around the work.
Job Description/ Duties:
- Coordinate and oversee all technical elements for ATP’s six show season and all special events and rentals
- Manage and hire technical staff in consultation with the Director of Production
- Perform all costing, ordering of materials, and crew scheduling
- Act as a liaison with Stage Management for all technical requirements
- Manage budgets for all scenic areas in consultation with the Director of Production
- Report to the Director of Production weekly on the status of budget
- Attend all production meetings, technical rehearsals, note sessions, and staff meetings as scheduled
- Attend the joint occupational health and safety committee as one of the production staff members
- Maintain the technical and artistic integrity of all ATP productions
- Oversee the set-up and strike of all technical elements for all ATP productions
- Coordinate the shared shop spaces and its equipment
- Other duties as required by the Director of Production
Experience and Essential Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of structural and mechanical construction for the stage, including welding, rigging and painting
- An extensive background in technical theatre, specifically in video, electrical, and sound systems
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strategic, action orientated and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, and AutoCAD or Vectorworks essential
- The ability to interpret technical drawings
At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and people with disability.
Please send a letter of interest, an up-to-date CV, and a list of three references to David Fraser, Director of Production at email@example.com. Interviews will commence immediately and resumes will be accepted until a successful candidate is found. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those short listed will be contacted.
For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, www.atplive.com