Programs & Services Navigator
iHuman Youth Society is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to serve marginalized youth to promote their reconnection to the community through a program involving crisis intervention, arts mentorship, and life skills development.
Reporting to the Director of Caring Services, the Programs & Services Navigator works in partnership with another Navigator as iHuman’s front-line representatives responsible for managing activities associated with a busy welcome desk. This involves: working with a diverse public, which includes vulnerable youth, internal and external stakeholders and the community at large; monitoring front door and youth behaviors, responding to issues and de-escalating in crisis situations; administering youth registrations; and providing general program support. The incumbent in this position must exemplify iHuman’s values and maintain a welcoming presence in this youth-focused, harm reduction environment.
- Implement processes for registration and program usage
- Conduct agency tours and present program information
- Conduct program orientation for all youth, interns and volunteers
- Provide new clients with iHuman’s code of conduct, rules and acceptable behaviors
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of basic needs services (laundry, kitchen, shower)
- Identify solutions to youth issues and needs which impact programming
- Provide logistical and event support, which includes community engagement
- Related education and/or work experience in the Arts (visual, music, performance, dance, fashion, fine arts)
- Experience working with vulnerable youth, demonstrating well developed interpersonal skills, adaptability and flexibility
- Administrative and/or volunteer management experience
- Computer competency with Mac and PC
- Must pass a Criminal Record Check, and Child and Youth Services Check
Hours of Work: 37.5 hrs/wk 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.; occasional evening hours
Salary: $35,100 – $39,000 annually; full-time permanent position
Posting Closes: September 1, 2017
To Apply: Forward Cover Letter and Resume (in PDF or Word format ONLY) to:
HR Consultant, iHuman Youth Society
We thank all applicants for applying. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.