Edmonton Musical Theatre is pleased to offer an exciting program as part of our 2017/18 season. The EMT Youth Show Group is geared towards young teens ages 12-16 who are committed to furthering his or her training in all three disciplines of Musical Theatre.
* Students who are outside of the given age range are welcome to apply. It is up to the director’s discretion as to whether or not you will be asked to audition.
This program will be a performance focused and tuition based structure. Participation in the program will be upon selection by the audition panel. Applicants will be contacted via e-mail following the auditions. As this is an advanced level program, acceptance is not guaranteed and will be based on the student’s audition. The audition panel will be looking for applicants who possess above average skills in one or more in the disciplines of dance, vocals and acting, with vocals being one of the strongest criteria for participating in the program.
Auditions are scheduled as follows:
Date: Thursday, August 31st
Location: Woodcroft Community Hall (13915 115 Ave)
6:00: Sign in/Welcome
6:15 -6:45: Group Dance Audition
7:00 – 8:30: Individual Monologue and Vocal Selection
What to have prepared:
- Please be dressed in comfortable clothes for the dance portion, this includes appropriate shoes.
- Vocal selection must be a musical theatre song.
- An accompanist will be provided.
- No karaoke tracks or a capella auditions will be accepted.
- A 1 – 2 minute monologue (can be a poem).
* Please note – all aspects of the student’s audition MUST be memorized.
Weekly rehearsals at Woodcroft Hall. Sunday evenings 6:30 – 8:30PM The program runs from September 10 – December 10; January 7 – May 27.
Master Classes in one of the three disciplines, with highly regarded theatre professionals will be scheduled within regular rehearsal times.
Class and performance material will be announced once the program commences.
Each child accepted into the program is expected to conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism.
Most importantly the willingness to be creative and have fun!
$750/Full year – New Student
$600 – any EMT Student Alumni
$200 – Currently enrolled in another EMT program within the 2017/18 season
*Payments plans available upon request
To book your audition please email Carly at firstname.lastname@example.org