Humble Wonder is looking to hire performers for the opening of the brand-new Calgary Municipal Space Station during Beakerhead 2017 in the Calgary Tower.
The year is 2047 and we’re inviting people to the grand opening of the world’s first municipal space station! Calgary’s public transit system now features direct service via space elevator to the Calgary Municipal Space Station – but what good is a space station unless there is another station to blast-off to? Guests will have a chance to launch up, have their say on where the next space station should go, and party like it’s 2047!
Performers will help bring the CMSS to life by becoming space station crew! By leading the guest experience, performers will allow participants to make believe they are actually travelling to a space station.
- Leading groups of participants through the installation
- Staffing specific elements of the installation
- Sharing the story of the space station
- Ensuring timing of the tours is well maintained
We are looking for people who can:
- Play sustained make believe and get other people to buy in and have fun
- Use talking points to create a responsive tour experience that fits within the structured timings (Please note: we’re not going to hand you a fully written script to memorize, we’re looking for your content to be individualized to you)
- Be available September 10-17, 2017 for no fewer than 6 performance shifts and tech, with flexibility for around 10 hours of rehearsal in late August and early September
- Nerd out on space! (not required, but extra points)
If you’re not an actor, but have experience engaging people through storytelling, please feel free to submit.
The fee is $150 for rehearsal + $50/performance shift. Currently, we’re looking for non-Equity performers.
Submit applications with “Beakerhead CMSS” in the subject to Lara Schmitz by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, August 9, 2017.
- Résumé, focusing on relevant experience, and headshot
- Equity status, if applicable
- Availability September 10-17, highlighting any larger commitments
- A short blurb on why you are interested and would be a good fit for this project
More information on the project can be seen here: