Vertigo Theatre – Call for Art Submissions
Closing for submissions: Aug 27th 2017
Vertigo’s Emerging Artist Showcase is seeking artists to highlight during our 2017-18 theatre season. The winner(s) of this search will have the opportunity to showcase their artwork in Vertigo Theatre’s beautiful two-story lobby. Our 40,000 square foot facility is located in Palliser Square in the heart of downtown Calgary. Annually 55,000 patrons are welcomed into our venue. Vertigo Theatre is a family friendly atmosphere and submissions will need to be suitable for patrons of all ages.
The Vertigo Gallery Space will require:
- 12-15 small-medium sized works of art or 8-10 larger scale works to fill the space
- Show duration will be approximately 4-6 months, Sept to Dec or Jan to June
- Artists reception included for each exhibition
To apply please send email with:
- A brief artist bio
- Website link or images with combined file size 2 MB or less
Artist will be responsible for:
- Hanging and striking artwork
Vertigo Theatre does not take a commission from artists showing their work and all sales of artwork will be the responsibility of the artist. The artist will be responsible for transportation of artwork and delivery if sold during the time it is on display in Vertigo Theatre.
Closing for submissions: Aug 27th, 2017
Send submissions to Odessa Mendonca, Development and Donor Relations Assistant and Art Gallery Coordinator at email@example.com, please include ARTWORK in the subject line.