Title: Audience Services Administrator
Type/Term: Full-time, regular
Join our dynamic team of arts professionals and contribute to the vitality of Calgary’s arts and culture sector. One Yellow Rabbit creates, produces, presents, inspires, challenges and entertains like no other.
Reporting to the Managing Director, The Audience Services Administrator is a collaborative member of the OYR Team, providing support for all operations and activities, programs and projects including assistance with contracts, Board management, Festival production, Ensemble production and Summer Lab Intensive organization.
- Box office ticket builds and reporting
- Over the phone ticket sales and customer service
- Scheduling of box office staff
- Coordination of festival venue satellite box office locations
- Other box office and FOH duties as required
- Mail coding and distribution
- Database management including updates, invitations and all mail-outs
- Filing systems maintenance
- Assistance with all grant applications, reporting for public funding and tracking of statistics
- Scheduling and managing all board and executive meetings and reports
- Attendance of weekly staff meeting, minutes and managements of weekly reports
- Schedules appointments and maintains administrative calendars
- Working directly with Managing Director and bookkeeper to maintain accounting files
- Make bank deposits
- General administration and office duties
- Additional functions as required
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency with MacOS based applications including MS-Office, MS Excel and data base systems.
- Knowledge of a theatre ticketing and patron information system like Tessitura or Theatre Manager
- Knowledge of theatre operations, protocols, and funding models.
- Experience working with a volunteer Board
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with deliberate speed and accuracy.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive approach, highly organized, conscientious and detail-oriented
- Approachable, professional and collaborative working style, demonstrating high levels of trust and integrity
Salary: $38,000 – $42,000, commensurate with experience
Remuneration includes group benefits, professional development and flex-Fridays throughout the year.
To apply, send an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume by August 18 to:
Noree Claerhout, Marketing and Communications Director: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest in One Yellow Rabbit. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
About One Yellow Rabbit Theatre Association
Since 1982, One Yellow Rabbit (OYR) has been pushing artistic boundaries in the creation of original, innovative theatre and has become one of Canada’s best-known theatre companies. A resident company of Arts Commons and working out of the Big Secret Theatre, the award-winning One Yellow Rabbit Performing Ensemble creates original plays that are noted for their intricate physicality and originality.
OYR also produces the High Performance Rodeo, Calgary’s International Festival of the Arts – an annual event that animates the city in the cold of January with a sizzling array of live performances from around the world featuring theatre, music, comedy, dance, film, visual art and more. The High Performance Rodeo is a dazzling showcase of the best in contemporary performance.
OYR is a not-for-profit charitable organization with a vision to enrich society through stimulating, provocative and life-affirming performing arts. We create and present vital, surprising performance experiences that engage and reward our community.