Position deadline July 14, 2017.
Trickster Theatre is one of Alberta’s largest children’s theatre companies. It produces 35 to 50 week-long artist-in-school residencies per year, runs two popular educational resource websites and is involved in educational research through relationships with school boards, universities and foundations. The company operates throughout Alberta and was founded in 1980.
In our 2017-18 season, Trickster Theatre will be supporting over 50 Alberta Communities as they continue to look at 150 years of the Canadian experience. Throughout the year, Trickster will work with schools and communities from High Level to Pincher Creek creating original performance pieces and video essays describing what Canada means to them. The shows and student video essays will be shared on Trickster’s Kids Go Global web platform. In all, 30,000+ students will perform in the shows they will create.
The Marketing and Communications Director will play a key role in the success of our company and our program, Canada 150: Our Many Faces. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks. They will work with our Producing Director to prepare grants for federal, provincial, and municipal granting programs for the programming, operations, and staffing of the organization. They will help to prepare final reports for granting agencies, and ensure that all agencies and sponsors are properly acknowledged. The Marketing and Communications Director is often the first point of contact with granting agents, governmental bodies, corporate sponsors, society associations, and schools.
This position will also be responsible for continuing to develop a cross-Canada network of contacts in schools, school boards, and media in order to share content created by all of the schools involved in Canada 150: Our Many Faces. This will involve sharing content via social media, blogs, newsletters, and our kidsgoglobal.net media server.
In addition, this position will assist the Operations Manager in offering logistical support to the teams of artists delivering our programs. This will include helping to coordinate school scheduling, contacting schools to set up appointments and collect logistics, tour statistics collection and reporting, as well as general production needs.
- Research funding opportunities in the areas of corporate sponsorships, grants, and foundations.
- Draft grant and sponsorship proposals.
- Assist the Producing Director with grant writing and reporting.
- Attend any meetings with sponsors as required.
- Work with the Producing Director to solicit sponsorships.
- Attend fundraising events as required.
- Create and maintain a database of all grant and reporting timelines.
- Create and manage content for Trickster Theatre’s social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, etc
- Continued development and execution of Trickster Theatre’s social media strategy.
- Monthly planning, execution and assessment of social media content.
- Social media analytics and data analysis to assess campaigns.
- Search engine optimization through Google Adwords (SEO).
- Awareness and attendance at key events.
- Coordinate digital advertising campaigns.
- Prepare content for monthly newsletters and weekly e-blasts.
- Assist management of contact database; working within best practice guidelines.
- General duties as required.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills in order to effectively coordinate with granting agencies, governmental bodies, funding partners, and schools.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to create professional content.
- Experience with other arts organizations is an asset.
- Previous grant writing experience.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing and communications practices.
- Knowledge of social media and search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft office software packages.
- Photo editing and some design capability.
- Demonstrated ability to work under broad direction without close supervision.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and tasks.
- Capable of juggling a variety of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and thrives within a team environment.
- Exceptional customer service experience.
- French/English bilingual is an asset.
- High interest in making a difference in the lives of children.
This is full-time position with a $20 to $22 per hour wage, depending on experience. The company office is in NW Calgary; North of the Tuscany area (not accessible by transit).
Please send resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Only those people chosen for interviews will be contacted. The position is available immediately.