Thank you for your interest! This position has been filled.
Walterdale Theatre is a premier venue for Edmonton’s annual International Fringe Festival. During the 11 day run of the festival the theatre — a converted fire hall in the heart of the historic Old Strathcona District — stages some 90 productions by a variety of organizations.
Walterdale Theatre Associates requires 2 Front-of-House Managers to represent the Theatre and to look after the Theatre’s interests for the duration of the Fringe Festival that runs August 17 – 27, 2017.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Attend the theatre during the specified hours to ensure that the facility is functioning as required to meet WTA’s obligations under the contract with the Fringe.
- Notify the Building Director and/or other Board member of problems with the building which might affect the operations, patron comfort, and safety.
- Establish and maintain contact with on-site Fringe personnel and performing groups to ensure that their needs are met and to provide assistance if required.
- As an ambassador for Walterdale Theatre Associates, promote Walterdale to fringe patrons by providing information on its history, operation, programs, and opportunities.
Two Managers are required; one for the day shift (approximately 11:30 AM to 6:30PM) and one for the evening shift (approximately 6:00PM to 1:00AM). Each Manager will be retained under a separate contract with WTA.
The ideal candidates will:
- Have had recent Front-of-House experience in a small theatre.
- Have a basic knowledge of theatre production as demonstrated by related experience.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of Walterdale Theatre’s operations and history.
- Be enthusiastic and outgoing, able to effectively represent WTA to Fringe patrons.
- A fixed fee of $1000 will be paid to each successful candidate upon completion of the contract.
Only applications submitted by email will be accepted. Submit applications to FOHmanagers2017@gmail.com
Applications must indicate the candidates’ ability to fill either the day or evening shift.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.