***Deadline Extended to July 17***
Hiring passionate, enthusiastic Stage Manager for 2017/18 season
Keyano Theatre & Arts Centre, in Fort McMurray Alberta, is looking for a fun, energetic Stage Manager for our upcoming 2017-2018 season.
- Keyano Theatre, a 594 seat proscenium theatre, is Fort McMurray’s focal point for performing arts and cultural entertainment.
- Keyano Theatre Company (KTC) operates as a community theatre with our casting derived from a very talented volunteer community. Many of the backstage crews are also run by volunteers with a professional theatre staff and artistic team.
We are searching for THE Stage Manager that will enjoy sharing their passion of live theatre with our community members, mentoring our inquisitive and dedicated volunteer crews while working alongside our professional director, designers and production team.
Ideally this individual would cover all three of our produced shows, but consideration would be given to work on only select productions. Christmas Carol opens November 24, 2017. The Drowsy Chaperone opens February 16, 2018. Our final production of Nurse Jane Goes to Hawaii opens April 27, 2018. Each show has approximately 6 weeks of rehearsal, a 2 weekend run and a prep week for 9-10 work weeks per production. Rehearsals are primarily evening and weekends to accommodate volunteer work schedules.
- Christmas Carol rehearsals begin October 11, 2017.
- Performances run November 23-Dec 2.
- Drowsy Chaperone rehearsals begin January 3 with some music rehearsals taking place in December.
- Performances run February 15-24.
- Nurse Jane Goes to Hawaii rehearsals begin March 14.
- Performances run April 26-May 5.
- Billeted accommodations are provided.
- Both Equity and Non-Equity Stage Managers are welcome to apply.
- Strong skills to communicating effectively with a diverse team, an understanding of community theatre and a great sense of humour are required assets.
Please submit a letter of interest and resumé to Alan Roberts, Director, Keyano Theatre & Arts Centre, at email@example.com (780-791-4953).
Deadline to submit: July 17, 2017. Open until position filled.