Submissions are now open for The Pumphouse Theatre Society Art Gallery Exhibit: INDIGENOUS ART
September 7th to December 16th, 2017.
The Pumphouse Theatres Society recognizes the historically Indigenous Territory in which we live and work. With gratitude, we invite artists of First Nations, Métis and Inuit ancestry residing in Treaty 6 & 7 Territories to submit their visual art works for exhibition.
The Pumphouse Theatre is an historic and vibrant facility that supports and presents all art forms; and creates opportunities for engagement, enrichment, cultural experience, learning and inspiration serving all Calgarians. The PTS Art Gallery provides accessible wall display space for Calgary and Alberta visual artists to display and sell their work, free from commission.
Submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Artist resides in Alberta (Treaty 6 & 7 lands) and must be available for installation.
- Artist identifies as Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, or Inuit)
- Artwork must be delivered ready to hang (wall-space only)
- Installation Requirements: All art should be equipped with picture hanging wire or appropriately placed D or Triangle ring hanger. Frames less than 9/16” depth with no attachment can typically be accommodated.
To apply, please send the following information via email or mail:
- PTS Art Gallery Submission Form
- Artist Biography (250 words max)
- Artwork: Photos, maximum of 5, do not send original works.
- Submission Deadline: August 15, 2017 4:00PM
- Installation: September 3rd – 5th, 2017
- Gallery Close: December 16th, 2017
Applications or queries are sent to:
Pumphouse Theatre Art Gallery Submissions
Attn: Kelly Malcolm, Programming Director
2140 Pumphouse Ave SW Calgary, AB T3C 3P5
[email protected] / 403-263-0079 ext. 100
Selection Process: Art pieces are selected by a committee of no less than 3 people and are a mix of artists and administrators. Selection criteria is based on: suitability to the theme, artist’s technique, elicited emotional response, creativity & innovation, and suitability for the Pumphouse Theatre art gallery space and its patrons (ages 8-80 representing various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds).