Diversely talented individual to join our collective ensemble
The Old Trout Puppet Workshop is seeking a diversely talented individual to join our collective ensemble in the role of Stage Manager. This opportunity begins in the fall of 2017 with creative collaboration on a new touring show in Calgary, followed by a confirmed Canadian tour in 2017-18 to Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary. The company then intends to tour the work to Europe in summer 2018 including Spain, Romania, France, and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
The Stage Manager shall execute their role according to the Canadian Theatre Agreement (Clause 63:15) in support of creation, performance and touring related duties of the new Old Trout Puppet Workshop production of its new show entitled Underland. Additionally, the Stage Manager will be responsible for coordinating technical elements for load-in and strike in all venues.
Responsibilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant, depending on skills and experience.
- Previous stage management experience, particularly in touring
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work as part of a small team, with a high level of autonomy, self-motivation and initiative
- Understanding of risk management and OH&S policy and practice
- Experience in working with light and sound designers, including focusing lights, building cues and troubleshooting sound systems in a variety of venue sizes and conditions.
- Knowledge and experience in technical theatre software: Q –Lab, Vectorworks
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, Macintosh and Google software packages for the purposes of scheduling, planning, tracking and design, as well as general email and internet communication
- Commitment to cultural diversity and intercultural collaboration
- Fluency in English
- Valid passport, with no barriers to obtaining international work permits
- Fluency in a second language such as French, Spanish
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexibility and willingness to travel internationally
- Equity member in good standing
- Experience touring under the CTA and/or ITA
Full time, limited contracts, in accordance with the Canadian Theatre Agreement.
- Contract #1: October 9 – November 26, 2017 (7 weeks)
4 weeks rehearsals (Calgary) + 3 weeks performances (Edmonton)
- Contract #2: February 4 – March 4, 2018 (4 weeks)
2 weeks performances (Vancouver) + 2 weeks performances (Calgary)
- Contract #3: May – August 2018
2 – 3 week contracts for European dates to be announced.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume by email before 5pm, Monday, June 19, 2017.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter
- Your resume, highlighting relevant experience and key achievements.
- The names and daytime contact details of three referees.
Please send, with Subject Line: Underland Stage Manager to: [email protected].
Applicants are responsible for ensuring their application is received and readable. If you need any further information, contact 403-508-4929.
More information is available at www.theoldtrouts.org.