Auditions for a quirky new show, Murder Mime the Musical!
Murder Mime the Musical will premiere at the Backstage Theatre from Oct 25 –Nov 1, 2017.
About the Company: And More Shenanigans Productions is dedicated to creating and developing quirky original works. We develop shows from scratch and work with all kinds of artists.
About the Show: Murder Mime the Musical is an absurdist black comedy about an opera student who loses his voice and becomes a “serial killer.” Murder Mime the Musical originally appeared at the Edmonton Fringe Festival in 2014. Since then it has gone through many revisions while still remaining true to its unconventional roots. It was written and composed in Edmonton.
We are looking for the following roles:
- Sally : A quirky ghost who’s in the hot seat due to their “hauntee,” Max’s behavior. To facilitate in telling the story Sally takes on many other characters including Mary, and Raven (parodies of Maury Povich, and Robin Mcgraw).
- Aleah: A blunt, intelligent and talented opera student, and Max’s love interest.
- Rosemary: (Played by a young looking adult) Max’s exuberant ten year old neighbor who has no shame in declaring her love for him.
- Sadie: is Max’s judicious younger sister, who remains positive while battling bizarre health concerns.
- Hugo: An ambitious and slightly pompous opera student who is in constant competition with Max.
Rosemary/Sadie will be double cast. There are many other small roles in this show, if cast, you may be asked to play an additional role(s).
About the Auditions:
Auditions will be held on Monday, July 10 from 7PM-9:30PM in the upper level of Workshop West. (11516-103 St). Choreo auditions will follow from 9:30PM-10:00PM.
Please prepare a monologue and a song from a theatre production. Please bring a backtrack in the form of a USB, CD, or use your phone. You may also be asked to read a side from the script.
To inquire, or to request an audition, please email your headshot and resume to Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rehearsals will start on August 30 and will run Monday, Wednesday, Fridays from 6:00PM-10:00PM, and Sundays from 10AM-4PM.
If cast, a small honorarium and cut of the profits will be awarded once the production is complete.
Deadline to respond: July 8, 2017.