Theatre Alberta is a registered charity that proudly serves Alberta’s theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies. We encourage the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services:
- workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
- Canada’s largest independent fully-circulating theatre library
- online resource sharing services for auditions, employment, and productions
- theatre news, publications, and advocacy
We require a highly motivated and creative Communications and Marketing Coordinator who will be responsible for leading Theatre Alberta’s communications and promotional activities including, but not limited to:
- the development, implementation, and evaluation of a communications and marketing plan, including social media strategies
- marketing for Theatre Alberta’s various programs and services, and promotion of the organization in general
- the creation and publication of Theatre Buzz, a monthly e-newsletter
- the creation and publication of The Playbill, an annual listing of Alberta’s theatre season
- management of website and online resource sharing services, which includes auditions, employment, training, and other related opportunities
- social media and blogging activities
- liaison with Theatre Alberta’s advertisers, graphic designers, printers, and other suppliers and supporters
- participation in Theatre Alberta’s overall strategic mission and direction
Applicants should be knowledgeable and passionate about theatre, customer-service focused, and able to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent computer/software skills with web and social media experience are required. Previous involvement in the not-for-profit sector and/or the theatre industry, and familiarity with WordPress, html coding, and video creation/ editing, will be considered assets.
This is a full-time position with benefits located in Edmonton. Due to the nature of Theatre Alberta’s work and programs, some evening/weekend hours and travel will be required. Our office environment is pleasant and supportive with some degree of flexibility. Position to commence July 2017. Salary range $34,000 – $36,000.
By June 21, 2017, please forward your resume with a letter highlighting your interest and qualifications to Keri Mitchell, Executive Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Theatre Alberta, please visit us online at www.theatrealberta.com.