Head Lighting Technician
Reports directly to the Technical Director and is one of three House Technicians for Theatre Junction GRAND.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of all lighting department activities.
- Operation of ETC consoles.
- Ensure that lighting equipment is set up properly and consistently with the show concept.
- Hang and focus the lighting plot.
- Set up and dismantle lighting equipment.
- Inspect and maintain the lighting rig.
- Operate the lighting console during shows and rehearsals.
- Run light crew during load in and strikes.
- Maintain and repair all lighting equipment.
- Ensure the safety and security of lighting installations at all times.
- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of all equipment in the lighting and video department.
- Install and focus projectors and screens.
- Operate chain motors and assist with rigging.
- Assist with setup and tear down of all show equipment.
- Assist with the maintenance of all technical equipment.
- Carry out all other tasks requested by the TD and ATD.
- Report all accidents/incidents immediately to the Technical Director and Administrative Assistant (Chair of Health and Safety Committee).
- Abide by all company rules and bylaws as detailed in Human Resources policies.
- Ensure that internal communications are as efficient as possible and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the technical team.
- Attend and participate in technical team meetings.
- Cross departmental work is expected where appropriate.
- A minimum of two years experience in theatre and a minimum of two years as a Lighting Technician.
- Good general understanding of all technical aspects of theatre and live shows.
- Basic knowledge of video projectors and control systems (QLab/Isadora).
- Knowledge of carpentry is an asset.
- Knowledge of sound is an asset.
- Experience in dance, live music and other performing arts is an asset.
- Flexibility, autonomy, and leadership.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Must love theatre and live performing arts.
This one year contract starts July 1, 2017.
Deadline for submissions: June 14, 2017.
This is a union house and preference will be given to I.A.T.S.E. members and permits.
For more information, please visit theatrejunction.com.