Experience contemporary performance practices. Develop a mentoring relationship w/ theatre professionals.
The High School Mentorship Program at Theatre Junction allows you to explore theatre in a unique and fun way. This program is award winning and provides you the opportunity to learn about contemporary performance practices, develop relationships with theatre professionals and showcase your own work in front of an audience! Plus, you’ll make new connections, challenge yourself and receive high school credit.
If you are interested in applying to be part of the 2017/18 High School Mentorship program, please send the information listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: June 14, 2017.
THINKING ABOUT APPLYING?
Are you someone who meets the following characteristics?
- Embraces cutting edge ideas, innovation and is prepared to engage in creative risk.
- Is punctual, reliable and has strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys collaborating and creating with others.
- Interested in acting, stage management, directing, playwriting, sound and lighting.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a letter of motivation including:
- A headshot,
- Your current grade,
- Why you are interested in the performing arts,
- Performance background or why you want to get into theatre,
- Your favourite play,
- Why you would like to be part of the Theatre Junction Mentorship Program.
Send this information to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is June 14, 2017.
Thirty students will be selected to be part of the first Workshop taking place on July 6th, 2017. By the end of the summer, ten students will be selected to be part of the entire Mentorship program.
SCHEDULE FOR PROGRAM
- Selection Workshop: July 6, 2017 from 10:00am – 6:00pm (8 hours).
- CBE Meet and Greet: September 14 from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm (1 hour).
- Mentorship Wrap-up: May 5, 2018 from 10:00am – 6:00pm (8 hours).
Mentorship Sessions are from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturdays:
- September 2, October 21, November 4, December 2.
- January 13, January 27, February 10, February 24, March 10.
- March 24 – April 7 – TECH and Show (schedule subject to change).
- March 24, March 27, March 28, March 29.
- April 3, April 4, April 5, April 6, April 7.