Thank you for your interest! This position has been filled.
Full-time position for individual w/ strong appreciation for the arts
Edmonton Opera is looking for someone with a passion for marketing and a strong appreciation for the arts.
Working closely with the rest of our team, the Marketing Assistant will be instrumental in helping Edmonton Opera build its brand, and deepen its relationship with the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- provide support to the community relations department
- build new community partnerships that relate to each production
- assist with organizing and booking advertising
- maintain EO’s presence at various community partners and distribute materials
- assist with creation and implementation of EO’s marketing plan and strategies
- assist in development of all promotional materials
- build and deploy email marketing campaigns
- organize group sales, corporate sales and special offers
- maintain a master calendar of all marketing activities
- assist in raising awareness of community programs and groups
- assist Director of Marketing with administrative tasks
- participate and be available for all EO productions and events on site
- assist box office during busy periods
- shoot and edit videos
- other related duties and responsibilities as required
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships with community partners and work as part of a team
- Strong customer service skills
- Window Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
The following skills are not required but will be considered assets:
- Tessitura/database experience
- Videography and video editing
- Graphic design
- Content management systems
- Social media
Excellent organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills are needed. Some evening and weekend work required, and occasional monitoring of social media channels. The applicant must have a valid driver’s license and part-time access to a vehicle.
A post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, design, music, humanities, arts administration or a related field is considered an asset but not required.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS
Applicant must be available to work some evenings and weekends, acting as an EO representative at performances and assisting with events. Proven ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and make effective decisions. Self-motivated self-starter and a team player. Part-time access to a vehicle is required.
Health benefits package upon completion of probationary period.
Working hours are expected to be forty (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend shifts for performances and special events.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Director of Marketing & Communications
15230 128 Ave NW Edmonton, AB T5V 1A8
To view the complete job posting, please click here.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Edmonton Opera is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.