Seeking Head Scenic Painter beginning 2017/18 season!
Alberta Theatre Projects creates community by producing relevant, high quality contemporary theatre; by playing a national leadership role in the development and creation of new Canadian plays; and by bringing audience and artists together in an exchange around the work.
This is an annually renewable contract position and specific work dates will vary by season. 2017-2018 season work dates are August 14 – November 19, 2017 and January 22 – April 1, 2018.
Job Description/ Duties:
- Working as an integral member of the production team, The Scenic Artist is responsible for the painting of all set pieces, backdrops, murals and various other scenic elements.
- The Scenic Artist will be briefed by the Set Designer to paint all scenic elements and complex props.
- Ensure that their work is carried out to the agreed standards and deadlines.
- The Scenic Artist will adhere to all Health and Safety guidelines and carry out their tasks in a safe work environment.
- The Scenic Artist shall attend production meetings, staff meetings, technical rehearsals, and note sessions as scheduled.
- The Scenic Artist will need excellent, comprehensive artistic and scenic skills. They should have a good knowledge of scenic painting techniques, layout and paint application, and colour mixing skill.
- The Scenic Artist’s abilities should include the traditional fine arts skills of sketching, rendering, and painting in addition to being well versed in theatrical painting techniques.
- A working knowledge of the requirements of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and procedures when working with paints is essential.
Employer Profile: At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and people with disability.
Additional Information: Working conditions and wage shall be governed by Collective Agreement with I.A.T.S.E., Local 212.
Deadline to submit: July 31, 2017.
To view the complete job posting, please click here.
Please send a letter of interest, an up-to-dated CV, and a list of three references to David Fraser, Production Manager at [email protected]. This position shall remain open until a successful candidate is chosen. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those short listed will be contacted.
For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects, please visit our website at www.atplive.com.