Alberta Theatre Projects is seeking a Marketing and Communications Specialist. Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications, this is a full time position.
Alberta Theatre Projects (ATP) is a Calgary-based, not-for-profit, professional theatre company that celebrates the art of live theatre. From its home in The Martha Cohen Theatre at Arts Commons, ATP creates community by producing relevant, high quality contemporary theatre; by playing a national leadership role in the development and creation of new Canadian plays; and by bringing audience and artists together in an exchange around the work.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist is a marketing professional with a passion for the performing arts and is responsible for executing ATP’s marketing and communications strategies. The primary responsibility for the position is to oversee the creation of all marketing collateral for the theatre’s season and other programs, and manage its distribution through paid, owned and earned channels. This includes creating and maintaining relationships with media, social media influencers, sponsors, industry partners, and creating and executing reciprocal marketing partnerships for the benefit of all involved. The role will also contribute to the development and implementation of the ATP brand, as well as marketing and communications strategies to create awareness of and consideration for the company’s programming, donations, events, and stimulate sales, retain current patrons, and attract and engage new audiences. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years marketing experience have extensive experience in graphic design, photo and video editing, information design, and copywriting. Being a collaborative self-starter who is able to work with minimal direction is a must.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Negotiate and coordinate advertising buys and reciprocal marketing partnerships with input from the Director of Marketing & Communications
• Manage all advertising plans, production and trafficking
• Manage the creation and production of all marketing collateral, including social media content
• Write creative briefs for various projects, engage photographers/videographers or other creative professionals, and coordinate photo/video shoots.
• Develop engaging content for all digital and social media channels and manage the ATP social communities
• Manage all updates, including content and images, for ATP website and ATP social media channels
• Manage project budgets
• Provide input to reporting, when requested
• Process invoices
• Other duties, as assigned
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following skills and experience:
• Ability to set priorities, balance demands of multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
• Ability to create and maintain partnerships, and negotiate, create and fulfill agreements and contracts
• Advanced experience with using Adobe Creative Suite for photo and video editing and trafficking files for production
• Advanced experience in creating branded content for and managing corporate social media networks
• Demonstrated ability to execute marketing plans, develop and coordinate work-back schedules timelines and budgets
• Experience in digital, social and e-mail marketing
• Basic WordPress and web editing proficiency
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Ability to be self-directed and take initiative
• Problem solving
• Basic customer service skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Media relations experience, CRM systems knowledge, SEO training, experience in an arts organization, or previous arts marketing experience are considered assets
At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and people with disability.
Applications must be received no later than: 5:00 PM on Sunday, May 28, 2017
Please email your cover letter and résumé by email to Kate Donovan at email@example.com.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls.
For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website, www.atplive.com.