Part-time position to start May 29, 2017.
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Associate North will manage and oversee the administration and programming as it pertains to our mandate, overall organizational objectives and the needs of the northern membership.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate will serve as the representative of the organization to the northern membership and is responsible for: communications (bi-weekly e-newsletter, maintaining website, updating social media), and membership (maintaining membership renewals and database). The Artistic Associate North also assists with the running of APN programming and services (contracting actors, scheduling, administration and attending play readings), fund development, event planning and promotion, and provide assistance to the Board of Directors. Some evenings and weekends are required.
The position requires strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Google docs, FB, Twitter, Mailchimp, Squarespace); strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize duties; attention to detail; enthusiasm for the local playwriting scene; and basic knowledge of the theatre industry. The ideal candidate possesses an energetic and upbeat attitude, initiative, the ability to work alone.
- Part Time: 20 hours/week.
- Salary Range: $20/hour.
- Start Date: May 29, 2017.
Deadline to apply: May 15, 2017.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Managing and carrying out, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Maintenance of Edmonton specific programming documentation.
- Documenting statistical information for grant applications and reporting.
- Maintenance of provincial membership list.
- Maintenance of the existing record.
- Execution of membership renewals.
- Sending out new member packages.
- Generation and delivery of CAEA applications and contracts for Edmonton based programming.
- Hiring artists.
- Organize, staff and manage other APN programming.
- Wordshed, Act One, Alberta Playwriting Competition, Dramaturgy a la Carte.
- Playwrights’ “Meet and Greet” events.
- Theatre discount ticket program.
- Develop maintain and manage partnership agreements with Edmonton based not-for-profit arts organizations – i.e.
- Alberta Drama Festival Association.
- Playwrights’ Guild of Canada – Edmonton Script Salon.
- Assist in grant writing and other funding applications.
- Assist in administration and execution of fundraising events.
Communication & Advocacy:
- Create bi-weekly email newsletter for dissemination to membership.
- Speak on behalf of APN programs, services and initiatives for and on behalf of the membership.
- Speak on behalf of APN membership privileges and services.
- Provide social media and online presence relating to provincial events & programming.
- Answer inquires from membership.
- Attend functions and workshops pertinent to APN organizational goals.
- Previous arts management experience an asset.
- Must have knowledge of and connections within the Edmonton theatre/arts community.
- Must be computer literate.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Fundraising and fund development experience an asset.
- Experience on a variety of social media platforms
- Post secondary arts education is an asset.
- Arts management education is an asset.
- Commensurate arts administration is an asset.
To apply, please supply resume or CV, with a cover letter and one letter of reference. Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com or sent by mail to:
Alberta Playwrights’ Network
#208, 331 – 41st Avenue NE,
Calgary, AB, T2E 2N4
(Re: Administrative Associate Position)