Original black comedy “Murder Mime the Musical” opening October 2017!
About the Company: And More Shenanigans Productions is dedicated to creating and developing quirky original works. We develop shows from scratch and work with all kinds of artists.
About the Show: Murder Mime the Musical is an absurdist black comedy about an opera student who loses his voice and becomes a “serial killer.” Murder Mime the Musical originally appeared at the Edmonton Fringe Festival in 2014. Since then it has gone through many revisions while remaining true to its unconventional roots. It was written and composed in Edmonton.
We will be casting for the following roles:
- Sally & Ralph: A set of quirky ghosts who are in the hot seat due to their “hauntee,” Max’s behaviour. To facilitate in telling the story Sally and Ralph take on many other characters including Mary, Dr. Pill, and Raven (parodies of Maury Povich, Dr. Phil, and Robin Mcgraw).
- Aleah: A blunt, intelligent and talented opera student, and Max’s love interest.
- Priscilla: An eccentric opera student who decides to take her life in a different direction.
- Hugo: An ambitious and slightly pompous opera student who is in constant competition with Max.
- Rosemary: Max’s exuberant ten year old neighbour who has no shame in declaring her love for Max.
- Sadie: Max’s judicious younger sister, who remains positive while battling bizarre health concerns.
- Will U. R. Hung: (Asian male, parody of William Hung) is an enthusiastic, confident, but untalented opera student.
Please note: Rosemary/Sadie will be double cast. There are many other small roles in this show, if cast, you may be asked to play an additional role(s).
About the Auditions:
- Auditions will be held on Friday, June 2 from 6PM-10PM and Sunday, June 4 from 6PM-10:00PM in the upper level of Workshop West, (11516-103 St).
- Choreo auditions and call-backs will be held on the evening of Wednesday, June 7 from 7PM-10PM at the same location.
- Please prepare a monologue and a song from a theatre production. Please bring a backtrack in the form of a USB, CD, or use your phone. You may also be asked to read a side from the script.
To inquire, or to book an audition time please email your headshot and resume to Erin at email@example.com.
If you are unable to make either audition date, let us know and we will try to accommodate you.
- Rehearsals will start after Fringe on August 28, 2017 and will run Monday, Wednesday, Fridays from 6:00PM-10:00PM, and Sundays from 10AM-3PM.
If cast, a small honorarium and cut of the profits will be awarded once the production is complete.
Murder Mime the Musical will premiere at the Backstage Theatre from Oct 25 –Nov 1, 2017.
Check out our website: andmoreshenanigans.ca.
Deadline to submit: June 1, 2017.