Seasonal full-time position for I.A.T.S.E. member (or willing to join)
The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest, producing professional theatre companies and facilities, has an immediate opening for a seasonal
Assistant Head of Wardrobe:
Duties include, but are not limited to, in assistance of the Head of Wardrobe:
- Supervise and participate in work related to the Citadel’s presentation of productions and other events.
- Supervise all activities directly related to the operation of the wardrobe area including fittings.
- Scheduling and organization of rentals, and storage spaces.
- Arrange for the appropriate care, handling and maintenance of all wardrobe equipment in consultation with the appropriate department heads and Director of Production and Technical Director.
- Support other activities as required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience within a professional theatre environment.
- Working knowledge of costume history.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Photoshop computer programs.
- Working knowledge of assessing costume renderings.
- Highly organized, self-motivated detail-oriented individual who displays a positive attitude and is a creative problem solver.
- Able to adhere to schedules and tight deadlines
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Be innovative and able to adapt to new work situations quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor under pressure.
- Must have a flexible schedule as some evening, weekend and occasional overtime work is required.
Deadline to submit: May 19, 2017.
This is a seasonal full-time position which usually runs from late August to mid-May. Applicants must be a member in good standing of IATSE or willing to join.
Reply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position works under a collective agreement between the I.A.T.S.E Local #210 and the Citadel Theatre.
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.