Immediate opening for seasonal I.A.T.S.E. member (or willing to join)
The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest, producing professional theatre companies and facilities, has an immediate opening for a seasonal
Assistant Head of Stage Carpentry
Duties include, but are not limited to, in assistance of the Head of Stage Carpentry:
- Supervise and participate in work related to the Citadel’s presentation of productions and other events.
- Facilitate the set-up, changeover, tech, running, maintenance and strike of stage apparatus, scenery, props and décor.
- Supervise all activities directly related to the operation of the stage, fly gallery, orchestra pit, trap rooms and backstage areas, including the supervision of all activities directly related to the operation of counterweight and other rigging systems.
- Arrange for the appropriate care, handling and maintenance of all scenic and stage elements including, but not limited to furniture and props, in consultation with the appropriate department heads and DP and TD.
- Support other activities as required.
- A minimum of five years experience as a Show Fly Man and Show Stage Carpenter involving rolling scenic elements and major scene changes.
- Thorough knowledge of a counterweight fly system and its safe operation during set up, shows and strikes, as well as its repair, maintenance and inspection.
- Able to work with arena-style rigging, dead hanging scenery, lighting structures and equipment
- Working knowledge of rigging theatrical scenery and related hardware.
- Experience working with pipe and clamp and/or scaffolding.
- Curtain track assembly; knowledge of its parts and hardware.
- Fall protection and rescue training.
- Working knowledge of drawings (plan, section and elevations).
- Comfortable working in grid at height.
- Highly organized, and detail oriented individual who displays a positive attitude and is a creative problem solver.
- Additional knowledge of block and tackle rigging, hemp rigging and motorized rigging.
- Scenic carpentry skills and woodworking machinery operation and welding skills/metal fabrication.
- Working knowledge of set up and operation of automated scenery.
- Knowledge of fog machines and other special effects/ pyro certification.
- Experience in flying performers.
- Experience working with pipe and clamp and or scaffolding.
- ETCP Theatrical riggers certificate
This is a seasonal position which usually runs from late August to late May. Applicants must be a member in good standing of IATSE or willing to join.
Deadline to submit: May 19, 2017.
Reply via email to: email@example.com. This position works under a collective agreement between the I.A.T.S.E Local #210 and the Citadel Theatre.
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.