We welcome volunteers of all backgrounds, abilities, and strengths.
The Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival relies on over 1,200 committed and energetic volunteers to fulfill the expectations of the estimated 450,000 visitors.
With over 1,600 performances from 1,200 artists across 50 venues it takes a village to run the largest Fringe Theatre company in North America – and volunteers are at the heart of it all!
The Fringe family is comprised of nearly 1,200 dedicated volunteers who help us accommodate more than 850,000 visitors a year. Volunteers help artists and patrons by providing key services such as box office and front of house support. Although we utilize volunteers year round, our greatest need is in August during the Edmonton International Fringe™ Theatre Festival.
We welcome volunteers of all backgrounds, abilities, and strengths. Our volunteer program centers on team work, respect, and creativity.
- Be 14 years of age or older
- Attend a two hour orientation session
- Submit to a background check
- Serve a minimum of 4 shifts during the 11 day Festival (shifts are approximately 4 hours in length and are available morning, afternoon, and evenings).
- Ambassadors Team
- Agents Team
- Beer Tents Team
- Box Office Team
- First Aid Team
- Front of House Team
- Host Team
- Information and Patron Services Team
- Kids Fringe Team
- Kitchen Team
- Multimedia Team
- Parking and Transportation Team
- Volunteer Headquarters Team
For more information, and to apply, please click here.