General Auditions for “The Bully Project,” “Paper Song,” and “Consent”
Artistic Director Mieko Ouchi and Artistic Associate Caroline Howarth invite actors to apply for general auditions by submitting a resume and headshot. Successful applicants will be contacted to book an audition. Please submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to our office (2nd Floor: 10033 80 Ave NW, Edmonton) before the end of day Friday, May 5, 2017.
Audition Requirements for Successful Applicants:
- Two contrasting contemporary monologues, one of which is Canadian. Total time: 10 minutes.
- This year we will not be hearing any songs. If you do sing, please indicate that on your resume, and let us know if you speak French.
- Concrete Theatre attended Emerge 2017 so if you attended, please do not apply for an audition as we will be doing specific call backs for people we are interested in seeing.
- Wednesday, May 10 – 10:00am – 7:00pm.
- You will be contacted by Patrick, our booking coordinator, to book a 20 minute slot.
- Priority will be given to Equity/ACTRA members and registered Apprentices.
- The Playhouse – Main Floor, 10033 80Ave NW, Edmonton.
Deadline to submit: May 5, 2017 by end of day.
For the full Audition Notice, please click here.
Concrete Theatre is a 27 year old professional Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA) company whose mandate is to produce artistically excellent, challenging and culturally diverse theatre for young people and their families. Our critically acclaimed and Dora and Sterling award winning productions have included: I Am For You, The Antyssey, The Bully Project, Under Cover, Routes, The Early Bloomer, Smokescreen, Apples and Oranges, Jeremy Fisher, Nami Namersson, The Viking Who Liked To Name Things, The Shape of a Girl, Offensive Fouls, The Incredible Adventures of Mary Jane Mosquito, The Plum Tree, Lig & Bittle, Are We There Yet?, Rice, and Naomi’s Road.
We tour productions to Elementary, Junior and Senior High schools in Edmonton and across Alberta. We occasionally do main-stage productions in Edmonton, and tour nationally. Concrete Theatre also produces Sprouts, an annual new play development festival for kids. Please visit our website in advance for additional information and history about the company.
Concrete Theatre is a member of the Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) and engages, under the terms of the Canadian Theatre Agreement, professional artists who are members of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association.