Phobophobia Theatre seeking 5 actors for 2017 Fringe production of The Wait
About the Play: Waiting is an inevitable part of life. But what happens when instead of putting life on hold while you wait, you discover something new about yourself, a loved one, or even a complete stranger? The Wait is a collection of 3 interconnected scenes that take a look at various degrees of human connection, and what happens when we decide to let our guard down.
- FRANKIE – female, 20s, quirky
- ANTHONY – male, 20s, slightly shy
- ELENA – female, 60s or older, was very glamorous in her youth, a hopeless romantic
- FRANK – male, early 30s, slightly immature, pretty fit (he is a firefighter or something similar)
- MILES – male, mid/late 30s, Frank’s brother, quiet
Audition Dates: Tuesday, May 2, 5pm – 9pm & Friday, May 5, 5pm – 9pm.
We wish to fill the first day of auditions before scheduling candidates on the second. Please make every effort to be available. If a candidate is unable to attend either day, we might consider making alternate arrangements. There will be no call-backs.
Performance Dates: The Edmonton Fringe Festival schedule has not yet been released, but performances will happen between August 17 and August 27, 2017.
- FOR ACTORS AUDITIONING FOR ELENA – one prepared monologue which will be assigned in advance.
- A reading of prepared sides from the script.
- The possibility of cold reads from sides and/or monologue.
Contact: To book an audition, e-mail Maria Colonescu at [email protected].
- The subject line must read: The Wait Audition – (your name).
- Please attach resume, headshots, and mention any time-slot preferences (we will do our best to accommodate these but there is no guarantee).
Deadline to Apply: Thursday, May 4, 2017.