Independent producers and artists for one-year paid Artist Producer Training program
Deadline to submit: Thursday, May 4 at Noon.
If you are an independent producer, self-producing artist or an artist who wants to learn how to make art happen more efficiently, Generator’s one-year paid Artist Producer Training program is for you.
Over three semesters of coursework led by prominent seasoned independent artists and companies, followed by one practicum project with a mentor company, participants will learn effective producing strategies.
Graduates will create and implement projects and budgets that have the goal of paying a better wage to artists, gain skills to sustain a career in the arts, and improve the overall health of the performing arts ecology.
For more info about the Artist Producer Training Program, please click here.
A link to a MAXIMUM 3-minute YouTube video answering the following questions:
- What skills do you have that make you a good producer?
- Why do you want to take on a producing role?
- Do you currently self-identify as a producer or artist-producer? (There is no correct answer to this question.)
A short, written response telling us about your personal philosophy as a producer or artist-producer (1 page max)
CV/Resume (2 page max) including contact info for 2 references
One letter of reference (may be same as reference listed on resume)
Complete submissions should be sent in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “APT Submission” by no later than Thursday, May 4 @ 12pm.
- It is an intimate program with only 8 participants. Attendance is mandatorY.
- Classes run for three 6-week sessions Oct. – Apr. on Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6:30-9:30pm, with assignment work outside of class.
- Practicum schedules vary but are outside of class time and occur sometime from March – August.
- Interviews for select candidates will be held in the evenings of May 29 & 30, 2017.
For submission guidelines, please click here.
Photo: Current APT class (left to right): Ishai Buchbinder, Chiamaka G. Ugwu, Emma Westray, Kristina Lemieux (ED), Christopher Manousos, Brian Postalian, Mamito Kukwikila, Michelle Langille. Not pictured: Ruthie Luff, Maddie Bautista.