ABOUT US: Originally built between 1955 and 1957 as a gift to the people of Alberta, the Jubilee Auditoria of Alberta are twin multi-purpose Performing Arts Centres (2500 seats each) located in Calgary and Edmonton. Both facilities are owned by the Government of Alberta and operate in partnership with Alberta Infrastructure and Alberta Culture and Tourism.
The iconic Jubilee Auditoria have had numerous upgrades over the years enabling them to keep their status as two of the finest venues in North America. The Auditoria are home to the Alberta Ballet, Calgary Opera, Edmonton Opera and the Ukrainian Shumka Dancers. The Auditoria also host Broadway shows, comedians, rock concerts, charity events, cultural shows, dance festivals, High School/College and University graduations.
ROLE: An exciting opportunity is available for an individual with experience in the technical aspects of performing arts/entertainment business including, but not limited, to lighting, audio, staging and rigging. This position is about customer service and ensuring the world-class status of the Auditoria in the technical areas.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Providing expertise, consultation, advice and design plans for theatre productions to clients with very diverse needs, levels of experience and expectations.
- Develop theatrical technology planning for the facility.
- Manage the maintenance and operations of theatrical components as they relate to “Stage”
It is imperative that one have the following knowledge/skills:
- The ability to solve problems quickly
- Excellent skills in the area of written and oral communication as well as strong IT skills
- Finely honed inter-personal skills
- Knowledge of stage-crafts and the ability to maintain all types of stage equipment and rigging.
- Post-secondary education in Theatre Crafts plus extensive related experience is required.
- Experience with stage-crafts and all types of stage equipment is essential.
- Experience in occupational health and safety is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel, Vectorworks and/or Autocad is required.
- Equivalencies will be considered.
- $2,595.71to $3,408.45 bi-weekly (~$67,748 to $88,960 annually)
- A security screening is required.
- Position requires the incumbent to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
Online applications are preferred. If you apply online, please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one file. Ensure you quote the competition number and save using the naming convention of your first then last name (Joe Smith_competition number). Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, to:
Human Resources, Culture and Tourism,
7th Floor Standard Life Centre,
10405 Jasper Avenue,
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J4R7.
Fax: (780) 422-3142.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Martin Sasseville, HR Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to submit: April 25, 2017.
To apply on-line, please click here. Position number: #1041709