Hiring Project Coordinator for 4 month summer gig!
We are currently accepting submissions for the contract position of Project Coordinator from April 24 – August 31, 2017. This position is for up to 120 hours over the contract period, billable at $22/hour for a total fee of $2640.
Deadline to apply: Monday, April 10, 2017.
This small summer contract may be a good fit for a freelance arts administrator, theatre producer, stage manager or production manager with an interest in community-engaged creation. The successful candidate will work closely with Artistic Director Ellen Close to support a series of short artistic creation processes that engage professional artists and community members, and will result in four 10-minute performances throughout the summer. This is a “prototype” project, part of our ongoing work through New Pathways for the Arts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Your main focus in this position will be to ensure that Downstage is a great host to project participants, with excellent communication between our staff and project teams. You will keep in close contact with lead artists to assess and anticipate the needs of their processes.
Your duties may include:
- Creating rehearsal and performance schedules
- Booking spaces for rehearsal and performance
- Offering light admin and production support to the artistic processes (e.g. photocopying, arranging for food, helping to source design elements)
- Helping to coordinate documentation and assessment (e.g. contracting a photographer to attend a rehearsal, administering a survey)
We need to you to be:
- Able to work both independently and in close collaboration on tasks
- Able to problem-solve calmly and effectively
- A strong communicator, both in person and in writing
- Highly organized, with a strong attention to detail
- To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest as a .pdf attachment to Artistic Director Ellen Close at email@example.com, by end of day April 10.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- In your letter, please briefly introduce yourself if we’re not familiar with you, tell us why you’re interested in this contract and explain how your past experience sets you up well for this work.
- To view the complete job posting, please click here.
We are committed to employment equity and diversity, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
We will confirm that we received your submission and expect to have made our final decision no later than April 17.
Thanks for your interest in working with Downstage!