Keyano Theatre in Fort McMurray, Alberta is looking for an awesome person to become our next Production Manager. We are BOTH a road house with a concert series and rental events, as well as a producing house with four to six plays produced locally by our crew.
This position plans, coordinates, monitors and executes the productions in the Theatre & Arts Centre overseeing a staff of four full time technicians, 3-5 casual employees/contractors, students and volunteers. This position also acts as Technical Director and as such needs a competency in a wide range of technical skills, with an emphasis on carpentry and construction planning.
This position works as a team player with the Facility Production Manager and the Director of the Theatre & Arts Centre to review policies and procedures and resolve concerns.
The Production Manager is the budget manager for all Keyano Theatre Company budgets.
This position works as a point of contact for many functions. The Production Manager works closely with the artistic staff to organize all production elements.
The Production Manager is key to ensuring the artistic quality and integrity are maintained as required for each production. This position occasionally works an irregular work week including weekend and evening shifts.
- Technical Theatre diploma from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 year Technical Theatre Diploma.
- Minimum five years’ experience in theatre production and technical direction.\
- A good understanding and knowledge of theatre operations, community/educational theatre, and the safety procedures essential to a well-managed theatre are a must.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Occasional physical work is required, including but not limited to: lifting heavy weights (working the fly/loading rail), awkward positions, climbing ladders, Aerial lifts and working at heights.
- Good communication skills, the desire to work in a strong team setting.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required for the position.
Candidates with a combination of education, experience, and training acceptable to the college will also be considered.
Additional Valued Qualifications:
- Degree in Technical Theatre or Theatre Production preferred.
- High level of competency with AutoCAD.
- Fall arrest and aerial lift training, PAL certification, pyrotechnics certification, computer/networking background are assets.
- Highly knowledgeable in all areas of Technical Theatre, such as audio, lighting, carpentry, wardrobe, rigging etc.
- Good understanding of community engagement.
- Great sense of Humour.
Salary: $72,963.72/annum. Additionally, this position qualifies for the Regional Living Allowance of $1040.00 per month (subject to review) and includes a comprehensive health and benefit package.
Deadline to apply: April 24, 2017.
Applications will be reviewed beginning April 24, 2017. Position to remain open until filled.
Apply online at: www.keyano.ca/careers