Are you interested in fringing all year long? Team Fringe Seeks a New Teammate!
We are looking for a teammate who is passionate about Fringe Theatre and the Edmonton International Fringe™ Theatre Festival and will provide exceptional leadership for 1200+ volunteers.
Help us create the perfect Fringe volunteer experience! Our volunteers are dedicated, loyal and a cornerstone of Fringe Theatre. If you are a ROCKSTAR who values the importance of volunteer support and empowerment, we want you to apply! The Volunteer Program Specialist is responsible for mentoring individual volunteers and managing volunteer teams to foster an exceptional and memorable Fringe experiences. Whether at the Fringe Festival, a season show, or a community event, volunteers are an essential part of any fringing success.
Do any of these describe you? If so, consider applying to join our team! Team Player, Driven to Succeed, Creative, Strategic, Relational, Customer oriented, Thoughtful, Detailed, Organized, Open-minded, Enthusiastic, Planner, Articulate, Enterprising, Well written, Hands-on.
- Implement a unique and Fringe-centric level of experience to volunteers.
- Recruit new volunteers.
- Develop Execute volunteer policy, procedures, and programs.
- Provide hands on training and supervision to volunteers, offering ongoing support and education.
- Analyze volunteer trends, patterns, and statistics to project ongoing department needs.
- Manage volunteer database and communication plans.
- Cultivate and steward volunteers, maintaining volunteer retention.
Deadline to apply: March 27, 2017.
To apply send us your:
- Cover Letter – Tell us why you believe volunteerism is important to you.
- Resume – Share your past experiences with us.
This position is a salaried position. Some evening and weekend work is required. Applications accepted until March 27, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is hired. Email your application to Director of Patron Services Amber Alexander at [email protected].
Qualifications, Skills and Proficiencies Required: Preferred consideration will be given to candidates who have:
- Undergraduate diploma/degree in a related field such as Arts and Cultural Management, Theatre, Hospitality, Communications, or Recreation.
- 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role for volunteers or a complimentary position.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proven to be a strategist and leader.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment, as part of a team, and is self-driven.
- Demonstrated creativity and grace when problem solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with the software Better Impact is an asset.