Seasonal, non-Equity position at the 1920s Midway
Bring your performance skills and your enthusiasm for delivering memorable visitor experiences to the unique setting of Fort Edmonton Park’s 1920s Midway. In this challenging and exciting role, you will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team, bringing a 1920s carnival to life with costumed role-playing, historical interpretation, stage performances, and roving entertainment.
Dressed in period costume, you will:
- Operate games of chance and skill while playing the role of a 1920s Midway carnie.
- Animate the grounds using your abilities as a performer.
- Engage visitors in activities such as phrenology, palm-reading and fortune-telling.
- Provide stage shows alone or as part of an ensemble.
- Convey historical information about the Midway.
- Interact with the public demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
- Provide mentorship to young volunteers.
- Occasionally assist with the operation of children’s rides.
- You may also occasionally be asked to support evening shows at the Capitol Theatre.
- Completion of the 12th grade.
- Enrolment in, or completion of, a post secondary program in Performing Arts. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience in character development, and public performance.
- Highly developed and demonstrable verbal and written communication, interpersonal, public performance, and customer service skills.
- Strong ensemble skills are necessary.
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset.
- Ability to play a musical instrument is an asset.
- Second language is an asset.
- Possession of current Standard First Aid and CPR/ AED certifications prior to commencement of employment is required.
- A security clearance is a condition of employment. The successful candidate must obtain a Police Check including a vulnerable sector check from the Edmonton Police Service prior to employment.
- This position is non-equity.
Hours of Work: This is a seasonal position from May until September. Weekend, occasional evening, and holiday work is required.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Deadline to apply: March 17, 2017 11:59 PM (MST).
To view the complete job description, please click here.