Accepting applications for permanent part-time position
Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and registered charity that proudly represents ~1,000 theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services:
- workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
- Canada’s largest independent fully-circulating theatre library
- online resource sharing services for auditions, employment, and productions
- theatre news, publications, and advocacy
We require a highly organized and efficient Part-Time Financial Administrator to join our team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- ensuring the timely completion of all financial tasks
- coding and filing financial material according to established records management procedures
- processing accounts payable and receivable, ensuring accuracy of codes
- completing bank deposits
- preparing and processing payroll for all staff and contractors
- preparing financial reports as required, including for the Board of Directors, operating grants, and project grants
- assisting with the annual audit process
- preparing and remitting all required government filings, including payroll deductions, GST returns, T4s, ROEs, T3010, Workers’ Compensation Board premiums, AGLC Casino financial reports, etc.
- other administrative support as required
- participation in Theatre Alberta’s overall strategic mission and direction
- post-secondary certificate or diploma in accounting or related field (equivalent professional experience will be considered)
- related experience in a financial administration role in the charitable sector and/or a member services organization
- firm grasp of generally accepted accounting principles
- working knowledge of CRA Charities Division and AGLC regulations and rulings
- able to communicate effectively, excellent written and oral communication skills
- able to work effectively within a team as well as independently
- strong working knowledge of Simply Accounting, including departmental accounting, and Excel
This is a permanent part-time position requiring four to seven hours per week. Regular office hours are Mondays through Fridays, 9:30am to 4:30pm. Our office environment is pleasant and supportive with some degree of flexibility. Position to commence mid-April 2017. Hourly wage $21–$24.
By March 20, 2017, please forward your resume with a letter highlighting your interest and qualifications to Keri Mitchell, Executive Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Theatre Alberta, please visit us online at www.theatrealberta.com.
Theatre Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.