Hiring casual, part-time Box Office and Audience Services Assistant
Calgary’s Lunchbox Theatre, the longest running lunchtime theatre in the world, strives to continually expand and develop talent from the local arts community. Located at the base of the Calgary Tower in the heart of downtown, Lunchbox Theatre injects an hour of premium entertainment and delight into every audience at both lunchtime and evening performances.
To bring these productions to life, Lunchbox Theatre employs 4-6 permanent staff members, as well as the hundreds of artists and volunteers involved in each season.
Position Description: The Box Office & Audience Services Assistant will be a casual part-time position. The position will be primarily responsible for filling in shifts either in the box office or front of house. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- The operations of the Box Office, including ticket sales, collecting patron data and ensuring that the patron relationship is established and maintained at a high level of satisfaction.
- The operations of the Front of House, including managing volunteers, running the bar, and maintaining a safe environment for staff, volunteers and patrons.
The Box Office & Audience Services Assistant will work with and report to the Box Office Manager and the Audience Services Manager while being accountable to the Associate Artistic Producer.
- Excellent people skills.Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to self-motivate and work unsupervised.
- Ability to handle cash and credit/debit card transactions.
- Experience with Theatre Manager an asset.
- ProServe Certification an asset
Lunchbox Theatre offers a positive, high-energy work environment, and is an equal-opportunity employer. This is a casual, part-time hourly contract position.
If you would like to join our team, please forward your resume, cover letter, and two references by email to:
Associate Artistic Producer
Lunchbox Theatre thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application deadline: Friday, March 10, 2017.