Seasonal, non-Equity position; 32 – 39 hours/week April to September 2017.
Be part of a team of passionate leaders and bring your enthusiasm for delivering memorable visitor experiences to the unique setting of Fort Edmonton Park. In this challenging and exciting role, you will use your skills to lead a high performing team of animators who will bring the 1920s Midway to life with costumed role-playing, historical interpretation, stage performing, and roving entertainment. This is a unique role for someone who loves performing for the public, who can inspire others to make every experience matter, and who has the skills to motivate and guide a team of entertainers throughout our summer season.
Please note: This is a Seasonal Position.
In this role you will:
- Participate in the recruitment, orientation, training, supervision, and evaluation of staff, volunteers and contracted entertainers.
- Create, design, and implement historically appropriate entertainment and programming for visitors to Fort Edmonton Park’s 1920s Midway, and occasional special events, private Park bookings, and evening Capitol Theatre programming.
- Perform, primarily outdoors, in costume, on site, in a variety of entertainment activities including variety shows, Midway sideshows, roving characters, games and other programming and projects.
- Inform visitors about the Midway’s history through a variety of interpretive methods including role-play, humour, skits and conversation.
- Assist with Midway attractions operation when necessary, such as the Fun House and the Games Booths.
- Ensure that programming and events run on schedule.
- Carry out administrative functions including staff scheduling, performance management documentation, staff time reporting, incident reporting, statistical reporting, contract preparation and report writing.
- Coordinate, prepare and deliver applicable internal/ external communications regarding programming elements.
- Respond to event day needs of customer concerns and requests for information ensuring excellence in customer service and quality delivery.
- Be willing to sign a photographic consent form and to participate in video, photographic or audio Fort Edmonton Park promotion initiatives.
- Enrolled in a post-secondary Degree /Diploma program in Performing Arts. A combination of equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- Public performance experience.
- Experience in a leadership/supervisory role.
- Customer service experience.
- Highly developed and demonstrable verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ensemble skills are necessary.
- Experience with carnival-style performing is an asset.
- Ability to play a musical instrument or sing is an asset.
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset.
- Experience planning, developing and organizing special event activities is an asset.
Possession of current Standard First Aid and CPR/ AED certifications prior to commencement of employment.
An original Police Information Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check issued within the past 6 months that is satisfactory to the employer will be required before starting in the position. The new hire will be required to obtain this check from Edmonton Police Service. Please note, this may take up to 3 weeks to process.
Please note: This position is Non-Equity.
The interview will include an audition component. More information will be provided if you are selected for an interview.
Hours of Work: Up to 32 hours/week in April and September and up to 39 hours a week from May through August. Weekend, evening, and holiday work is required.
Wage: $19.80 – $24.50 (Hourly).
Deadline to submit: February 24, 2017 11:59 PM (MST).
Please send your resume and cover-letter to email@example.com.
To view the job posting online, please click here.