A Citadel Theatre and Canadian Stage co-production
Audition dates: February 18 & 19, 2017.
Deadline to submit: February 14, 2017.
The Citadel Theatre is committed to inclusive casting. We encourage submissions from professional artists who self-identify as members of under-represented communities.
Canadian Stage is committed to the practice of inclusion and diversification. We will make every effort to identify and remove any barriers to inclusion within all aspects of the selection process by making decisions and communicating without regard to ethnicity, age, gender identity or expression, color, disability, national origin, family or marital status, language, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make our communities and individuals unique.
Directed by Jackie Maxwell
This production is intended to be a Joint Production under the provisions of Article 54 of the CTA with performances at the Shoctor Theatre for the Citadel and the Bluma Appel Theatre at the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts for Canadian Stage.
- Rehearsal starts at The Citadel in Edmonton: December 4, 2017.
- Opening at The Citadel: January 11, 2018
- Closing at The Citadel: January 28, 2018
- Rehearsal starts in Toronto: February 4, 2018 (TBC)
- Opening at Canadian Stage: February 8, 2018
- Closing at Canadian Stage: February 25, 2018
Please submit only if you are able to attend the audition in person in Edmonton. Video submissions will not be accepted.
For auditions in Edmonton, email resume and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “The Humans” in the subject line and indicate the role of interest in the body of the email.
- Those selected for an audition will be contacted with further details.
- Check the Citadel website for character breakdown of The Humans.
Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.