Citadel Theatre & Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre Co-production
Audition dates: March 13 & 14, 2017.
Deadline to submit: February 24, 2017.
The Citadel Theatre is committed to inclusive casting. We encourage submissions from professional artists who self-identify as members of under-represented communities.
Royal MTC is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, the director will consider all submissions, without regard to age, disability, ethno-cultural identity, gender, or any other basis prohibited by law unless otherwise specifically indicated.
Directed by Daryl Cloran
This production is intended to be a Joint Production under the provisions of Article 54 of the CTA, with performances at the Shoctor Theatre at the Citadel and the John Hirsch Theatre at the Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre Mainstage.
- Rehearsal starts at The Citadel in Edmonton: August 22, 2017
- Opening at The Citadel: September 21, 2017
- Closing at The Citadel: October 8, 2017
- Rehearsal starts in Winnipeg (TBC): October 17, 2017
- Preview at Royal MTC: October 18, 2017
- Opening at Royal MTC: October 19, 2017
- Closing at Royal MTC: November 11, 2017
Character breakdown for Shakespeare in Love is on the Citadel website.
- Please submit only if you are able to attend the audition in person in Edmonton. Winnipeg audition call has been posted separately. Video submissions will not be accepted.
- Write “Shakespeare Edmonton” in the subject line and indicate the role of interest in the body of the e-mail.
- Live music will be performed on stage by some members of the cast. If you are proficient with a musical instrument, please identify that in your submission.
Those selected for an audition will be contacted with further details.
Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.