Accepting applications for full-time 15-month term position
Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and registered charity that represents ~1,000 theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services:
- workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
- Canada’s largest independent fully-circulating theatre library
- online resource sharing services for auditions, employment, and productions
- theatre news, publications, and advocacy
We require a highly motivated and organized Office and Membership Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- first point of contact for Theatre Alberta members and the general public
- overall office administration and management, including maintenance of computer network, hardware, and software
- maintenance of membership database
- member correspondence, retention, and recruitment
- basic financial responsibilities including receipting revenue, tracking expenditures, and invoicing
- administrative support for programs and services, including fundraising initiatives
- training new staff members in Theatre Alberta office polices and procedures
- administrative support to the Executive Director
- participation in Theatre Alberta’s overall strategic mission and direction
Applicants should be enthusiastic about theatre, enjoy dealing with people, and able to work independently and as a team player. Excellent written and oral communication skills, computer skills, and a working knowledge of the theatre industry are required. Previous work in the charitable sector and/or a member services organization will be considered an asset.
This is a full-time 15-month term position with benefits located in Edmonton. Due to the nature of Theatre Alberta’s work and programs, some evening/weekend hours and travel may be required. Our office environment is pleasant and supportive with some degree of flexibility. Position term is April 2017 through June 2018. Annual salary range $33,000 – $35,000.
By February 24, 2017, please forward your resume with a letter highlighting your interest and qualifications to Keri Mitchell, Executive Director at email@example.com
To learn more about Theatre Alberta, please visit us online at www.theatrealberta.com.
Theatre Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.