Accepting Applications for 4 full-time Summer Drama Camp Instructors!
The Pumphouse Theatre is now accepting applications for four (4) full time drama instructor positions for our annual Summer Drama Day Camp.
Drama camp activities include the exploration of acting, improvisation, creative movement, voice, sound, storytelling, and playwriting. The goal of the program is to develop the social interaction and life skills of the participants through creative utilization of theatrical techniques. The instructors also facilitate their students in developing a production, which is performed for friends and family on the final day of camp. Pumphouse Theatre believes in drama education that encourages creativity, freedom, and a healthy sense of play in our youth.
The Drama Instructors will work under the guidance of the Program Coordinator to assist in program development and be responsible for the overall execution of the curriculum. Instructors will also work closely in a leadership relationship with Camp Counselors.
Time commitment is approximately 40, beginning the week of June 26 and continuing through September 1, 2017 (Monday to Friday). The wage is $18.00 an hour. Final wage rate is pending upon federal funding approval.
The successful applicants will:
- Possess the ability to supervise and instruct young people between the ages of 8 – 14 and will have had previous experience in this area.
- Have a solid understanding of the creative theatre process and have experience and/or education in this area.
- Have had at least one term or semester of a Drama/Theatre class and/or Education class.
- Display strong communicative and interpersonal skills.
- Be committed to the creative development and the theatrical education of the participants.
- Experience with ESL.
- Know how to have fun!
- Some experience with the creative use/construction of props, costumes and sets is an asset.
Deadline to submit: May 5, 2017.
Due to the structure of the employment grants received by the Pumphouse Theatre, applicants must be currently enrolled as post-secondary students and are continuing their education in the fall of 2017.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to Kelly Malcolm, Programming Coordinator, by mail, fax or e-mail by May 5, 2017. No phone calls please. Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview, which will be held between May 8 -12, 2017.
2140 Pumphouse Avenue SW, Calgary AB, T3C 3P5