Creative, Talented, Experienced Directors to create theatrical magic in Spruce Grove!
Horizon Players is issuing a CALL FOR DIRECTORS for our next season to be performed at the Horizon Stage in Spruce Grove. In order to achieve the season to which we aspire, we are looking for creative, talented and experienced directors who are interested in creating theatrical magic in Spruce Grove.
Horizon Players production season runs from September through May of the following calendar year (fiscal calendar runs from July – June). 2017-2018 show dates will be confirmed in late May 2017. Two performance slots are available: one in late November 2017, and one in late April/early May 2018. Production week is one week long, with 3 performances Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The board may elect not to fill a particular “performance” time slot if an acceptable submission is not available.
Deadline to submit proposals: March 1, 2017 at 4:30pm.
Submit completed packages via:
- Email email@example.com or
- Mail to Box 3345 Stn Main, Spruce Grove AB, T7X3A6.
- To submit in person, please email to make arrangements.
To be considered for a directing slot, with a specific play in mind, turn in a completed proposal to “sell” the show for consideration. Your submission must include:
- 1 copy of a your theatre resume (specifically in relation to directing experience. Please include references).
- 1 copy of a letter of introduction (opportunity to “sell” yourself and your selection).
- 1 copy of the script (or detailed synopsis – script preferred).
- 1 copy of an estimated budget.
- 1 copy of a list of personnel needed (including actors, backstage crew, etc.).
To be considered to direct, without turning in a specific play suggestion, please submit the following:
- 1 copy of a your resume (specifically in relation to directing experience. Please include references).
- 1 copy of a letter of introduction (opportunity to tell “sell” yourself).
The Horizon Players Board of Directors will read the submissions and select the shows for the upcoming season. Please note, any plays submitted by members of the board will be given the same consideration as plays submitted by individuals not on the board, and will be judged purely on merit. Plays submitted for consideration by any Board member(s) cannot be voted on for approval by the submitting member(s).