This is a unionized, permanent, salaried support staff position
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity is looking for a digital native and passionate marketer to join the Marketing and Communications Department. The Marketing Officer, Social Media is responsible for representing Banff Centre, engaging with its communities, and supporting business objectives through social media channels. The objective of this position is to increase awareness, understanding, and appreciation of and participation in programs, events, and products of Banff Centre.
- Development and execution of Banff Centre’s Social Media Strategy
- Social Media Analytics
- Monthly planning, execution and assessment of Social Media content
- Key audience segmentation and communication aligning with Banff Centre marketing calendar
- Collaboration with cross functional teams to showcase artistic training
- Social Media analytics and data analysis to assess campaigns
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Budget Management
- Awareness and attendance at key events
Qualification and Educational Requirements:
- 5+ years of managing social media channels
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
- Experience with the arts organizations, or a post-secondary institution is an asset
- Knowledge of social media and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft office software packages
- Demonstrated ability to work under broad direction without close supervision
- Strong organizational skill
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and tasks
- Experience working with budgets
- Thorough knowledge of marketing and communications practices
- Excellent interpersonal skill and thrives within a team environment
- Exceptional customer service experience
- **Position is currently under review**
Deadline to submit: January 20, 2017.
For additional information, and application procedures, please click here.