Full-time, permanent position w/ benefits package
The Director, Communications has the specific responsibility of creating and managing all messages that promote Banff Centre and for leading and overseeing specific program responsibilities including: public relations, media relations, alumni relations, media partnerships, corporate communications, internal communications and development (fundraising) communications.
As part of the management team, the position advises and assists the Vice President and the Director of Marketing and Special Projects in defining elements of the annual marketing and communications plan and the long-term operation of Marketing and Communications. In addition, the Director, Communications carries overall responsibility for the Communications and Public Relations budget and systems development, and for the planning, day-to-day management, and delivery of a number of communication initiatives.
- Strategic Planning
- Internal and External Communications
- Operational Management
- Financial Management
- Relationship Building
- Employee Engagement
- Leadership and Influence
- Stakeholder Relationships
- Special Projects
Qualification and Educational Requirements:
- 10+ years of Communications management experience.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related area. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in the post-secondary sector, and a strong understanding of the unique mandate and operation of Banff Centre is desirable.
- Exceptional writer who can communicate in an engaging and highly accurate way to a number of different audiences to authentically showcase Banff Centre stories.
- Extensive writing experience of institutional, development and media communications and sound knowledge of communications practices.
- Communications management experience for a large not-for-profit organization.
- Public Relations experience.
- Depth of experience working with the media; understands media relationships and enjoys stewarding these relationships.
- Successful experience with creating engaging fundraising communications with a sound knowledge of the development landscape.
- Experience in government/institutional/fundraising/alumni relations.
- Internal communications and internal communication platform experience an asset.
- Exemplary leadership skills with strong experience in creating and leading teams and motivating staff.
- Strategic planning and budget planning and management experience.
- Ability to analyze, plan and implement at the “big picture” as well as at the program level.
For additional information, and application procedures, please click here.