Hiring TEACHING ASSISTANTS for summer camps in Calgary, Airdrie & Cochrane!
SUMMARY: StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking teaching assistants for our Summer Theatre School Programming in our Calgary North, Calgary South, Airdrie and Cochrane locations. Assistants will support teachers during workshops, stagecraft, drama activities and act as stage manager throughout the rehearsal process and final performances. Duties also include supervising students during breaks, assisting with props/costumes and leading warm-up activities when required. TA’s will work closely with their class instructors and report directly to the Theatre School Administrator. *All applicants must be current students returning to a post-secondary program in Fall 2017 and must be able to commit to the full contract length.
- Session 1 – July 3-7
- Session 2 – July 10-14
- Session 3 – July 17-21
- Session 4 – July 24-28
- Session 5 – July 31-August 4
- Session 6 – August 7-11
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 4:30pm
SKILLS & QUALIFICAITONS:
- Must be returning to a post-secondary institution in Fall of 2017.
- Interest in Arts Education.
- Experience working with children.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Must work well in a team setting.
- Knowledge of technical theatre is an asset.
- Basic First Aid is an asset.
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check.
To apply electronically, please click here.
Deadline to submit: January 31, 2017.