Hiring DRAMA TEACHERS for summer camps in Calgary, Airdrie & Cochrane!
SUMMARY: StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking teachers for our Summer Theatre School Programming in our Calgary North, Calgary South, Airdrie and Cochrane locations. We are looking for drama teachers to instruct children ages 6-16 in our one-week summer camp classes. Instructors will be responsible for teaching areas of drama and theatre such as improvisation, audition techniques, storytelling, voice, choreography and other areas of skill. Instructors will direct the actors in a final presentation at the end of each week after leading them through the creation process. Instructors will work closely with the teaching assistants and report directly to the Theatre School Administrator.
- Session 1 – July 3-7
- Session 2 – July 10-14
- Session 3 – July 17-21
- Session 4 – July 24-28
- Session 5 – July 31-August 4
- Session 6 – August 7-11
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 4:30pm.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of two years of University level education in either Drama and/or Education.
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must work well in a team setting.
- Knowledge of technical theatre is an asset.
- Basic First Aid is an asset.
- Must submit to a criminal background check.
To apply electronically, please click here.
Deadline to submit: January 31, 2017.