Deadline approaching for PTS ART GALLERY EXHIBIT: PLAY! Feb 8 to April 1!
Deadline for Submissions: January 18, 2017 at 4pm.
The Pumphouse Theatre is a vibrant facility with historical significance supporting and presenting all art forms; and creating opportunities for engagement, enrichment, cultural experience, learning and inspiration serving all Calgarians. The PTS Art Gallery provides accessible wall display space for Calgary and Alberta visual artists to display and sell their work, free from commission.
Submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Artist resides in Alberta and must be available for installation.
- Artwork must be related to theme of PLAY!
- Artwork must be delivered ready to hang (wall-space only).
Installation Requirements: All art should be equipped with picture hanging wire or appropriately placed D or Triangle ring hanger. Frames less than 9/16” depth with no attachment can typically be accommodated.
To apply, please send the following information via email or mail:
- PTS Art Gallery Submission Form
- Artist Biography (250 words max)
- Artwork: Photos, maximum of 5, do not send original works.
- Submission Deadline: January 18, 2017 at 4pm.
- Installation: February 5-7th 2017.
- Gallery Close: April 1, 2017.
Applications or queries are sent to:
Pumphouse Theatre Art Gallery Submissions
Attn: Kelly Malcolm, Programming Director
2140 Pumphouse Ave SW Calgary, AB T3C 3P5
E: [email protected]
P: 403-263-0079 ext. 100
Selection Process: Art pieces are selected by a committee of no less than 3 people and are a mix of artists and administrators. Selection criteria is based on: suitability to the theme, artist’s technique, elicited emotional response, creativity & innovation, and suitability for the Pumphouse Theatre art gallery space and its patrons (ages 8-80 representing various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds).