Drama 9 / ELA Teacher to start Feb 1 for Semester 2!
Foundations for the Future Charter Academy (FFCA) has a strong and thriving Performing Arts program, and we are excited to find someone who loves kids, and is passionate about theatre, a community builder by nature, and an effervescent spirit!
The successful candidate will teach all of the Drama 9 courses, plus some ELA courses. It’s always a bonus to have additional skills in set creation/ design/ tech theatre/ music!
Interested candidates must have:
- A passion for the subject area;
- A thorough understanding of the Alberta Programs of Study in Drama and English Language Arts;
- A demonstrated ability to positively connect with and build commitment from students;
- A desire to build a supportive learning community with strong student and parent partnerships;
- An understanding of direct instruction;
- A commitment to the daily integration of character and leadership;
- A proven desire and ability to work in a team environment having strong collegial relationships with curricular partners, campus colleagues and administrators;
- An openness to coaching and mentoring as part of overall professional development; and
- A willingness to contribute to school culture through committee work and co-curricular activities.
Interested candidates are asked to upload a cover letter, resume and three (3) work related letters of reference. This position will remain posted until a successful candidate is chosen.
For more details, please click here.