Aequilux Productions seeking one female actor for 2017 Fringe:”The Turn of the Screw”
About the play: A young governess arrives at an English country estate to look after Miles, aged ten, and Flora, eight. At first, everything appears normal but then events gradually begin to weave a spell of psychological terror.
About the character:
- GOVERNESS – Twenties or early thirties, British, attractive.
- Wednesday, January 11, 6 pm – 10 pm
- Wednesday, January 18, 6 pm – 10 pm
We wish to fill the first day of auditions before scheduling candidates on the second. Please make every effort to be available. If a candidate is unable to attend either day, we might consider making alternate arrangements. There will be no call-backs.
Performance dates: The Edmonton Fringe Festival schedule has not yet been released, but performances will happen in the second half of August, 2017.
- At least one prepared monologue which will be assigned in advance.
- A reading of prepared sides from the script.
- The possibility of cold reads from sides and/or monologue.
The ability to speak in a British accent would be an asset, but not required, and will not be asked for at the audition.
- To book an audition, e-mail Maria Colonescu – [email protected]
- The subject line must read: TTOTS Audition – (your name)
- Please attach resume, headshots, and mention any time-slot preferences (we will do our best to accommodate these but there is no guarantee).
Deadline to apply: January 15, 2017.