Queen Milli of Galt
by Gary Kirkham; Directed by Liz Cook;
Presented by Walterdale Theatre
Performance Dates: April 5 – 15, 2017.
Audition Dates: Sunday, December 11 & Monday, December 12, 2016 from 7 – 10 p.m.
Location: Walterdale Theatre (10322 83 Avenue).
Callbacks: To Be Announced.
The Play: Based on a true story, a chance meeting between the Duke of Windsor, Edward VIII, and Milli in her home of Galt, Ontario, leads to a merry war of wits and, eventually, love. In Milli, Edward sees escape from a life of obligation and duty, but Milli is not so quickly captivated by the dashing Duke. Will she succumb to his charms? The romantic comedy Queen Milli of Galt is Walterdale’s donor-voted show for this season
- Milli – Late 20s/Early 30s: A schoolteacher.
- Edward – Late 20s/Early 30s: Prince of Wales.
- Mrs. Milroy – 40s-50s: Milli’s mother; a widow.
- Mona (Desdemona Singleton) – Late 20s/Early 30s: An actress.
- Godfrey (Sir Thomas Godfrey) – 30s-60s: Edward’s handler.
Audition and Rehearsal Requirements:
- To book your audition, please contact Liz Cook at [email protected]. Please state “QMoG – Audition” in the subject heading.
- Drop-ins are also welcome.
- Please prepare a short comedic monologue of your choice and be prepared to do a cold reading of selected scenes from the script.
- Copies of the script may be available through the Theatre Alberta library.
- Rehearsals will begin the second week in January.
- Please bring any potential rehearsal conflict dates to the auditions and please do not take on any other theatrical commitments from mid-February to the end of production.
Deadline to submit: December 11, 2016.
Headshots and resumes are recommended but not required.
Walterdale Theatre is a volunteer/member organization. We cannot engage Equity performers.