Seeking Audience and Artist Coordinator for the 2017 High Performance Rodeo!
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Audience and Artist Coordinator is responsible for the company’s front-line services including box office, front-of-house and artist concession, managing them in accordance with the company’s core value of being “the best host”. The Audience and Artist Coordinator provides an excellent patron experience by focusing on friendliness, comfort, efficiency, cleanliness and safety. The Audience and Artist Coordinator works closely with the rest of the company’s staff. Positions reporting to the Audience and Artist Coordinator include all part-time casual box office and front-of-house.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience in front line customer service, preferably in the performing arts and/or hospitality industry;
- Have experience in Tessitura Box Office system;
- Have a proven skill in supervising and motivating others;
- Have excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have good time management skill and the ability to multitask in a busy environment;
- Have a strong orientation towards cleanliness, organization and safety;
- Be friendly and conscientious;
- Have a passion for the performing arts;
- Be positive, motivated and creative;
- Excel as part of a tight-knit team.
- Hourly – $20.00 per hour;
- Estimated to be approximately 300 hours from Dec 1 – Feb 7.
Projected hours (guideline only–subject to change):
- Dec 1 – Dec 31 – 20 hours a week;
- January – 50 hours a week;
- Feb 1 – 7 – 20 hours a week;
- Some additional hours during weeks with public performances and special events.
Applicants: Email a résumé and cover letter to Noree Claerhout at email@example.com.
Application deadline: December 9, 2016.
About One Yellow Rabbit: Founded in 1982 and based in the Big Secret Theatre in Calgary’s EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts, One Yellow Rabbit creates new, original theatrical works by its Resident Performing Ensemble each year. The OYR Ensemble has also toured its unique brand of performance across North America, Australia, Asia, Mexico and Europe, and recently won the 2007 Lieutenant Governor of Alberta Arts Award. In addition to producing new Ensemble creations, OYR hosts the annual High Performance Rodeo, Calgary’s international festival of the arts, and the Summer Lab Intensive school of performance creation. For more information, please visit oyr.org.
Mission: To create and present vital and surprising performance experiences for the purpose of engaging our community.