Do you have the DIRECT stuff?
Morpheus Theatre is seeking experienced and passionate directors for our 2017/2018 Season!
We present 4 quality shows each year (a farce or comedy, a Christmas family production/pantomime, a contemporary play, and a Gilbert & Sullivan operetta) at the Pumphouse Theatre, in both the Victor Mitchell & Joyce Doolittle Theatres.
Applicants are asked to submit a letter of interest and a resume with related theatre experience/background to [email protected]. Applicants do not need to submit for a specific show.
APPLY TO DIRECT:
- Name of director,
- Directing and theatre related experience,
- Types of shows applicant is interested in directing,
- Rehearsal Time Availability,
- If submitting for a specific show: Director’s Vision for the show (including overall thoughts about how it would be staged & any special effects, set ideas, costume ideas, technical considerations).
We also invite the community to make proposals for shows to be produced during our 2017/2018 Season.
We are looking for WELL-KNOWN SHOWS with HIGH AUDIENCE POTENTIAL that fall within our four show categories. Ideally, the shows will appeal to a wide family audience (primarily 12 and up, although under 18 is not the target audience).
SUGGEST A SHOW:
- Title & Playwright of show,
- Cast size of show, with male/female breakdown,
- Why you think Morpheus should produce it,
- Which theatre it would work best in,
- Potential challenges.
Morpheus Theatre thanks everyone for their submissions, however, only candidates being considered for this season will be contacted. If you suggest a play that we accept, you will receive two free tickets to see that production.
Please email letters of interest by December 31, 2016 to: Sean Anderson, Artistic Director, Morpheus Theatre [email protected].