Part-time, contract position from December – April, 2017
Mile Zero Dance Society (MZD) is a contemporary dance company that creates and produces original dynamic interdisciplinary works focusing on performance, collaboration, community outreach, and training. Incorporated in 1985, MZD has been a mainstay in the Edmonton arts community for the past 30 years, playing an active and valuable role in collaborations and audience development that have spanned a multitude of demographics and artistic media.
The Administrative Assistant works in tandem with the Artistic Director, to implement the strategic and annual operating plans, as approved by the Board in accordance with the Board’s policies and company mandate. This includes maintenance and administrative support for programs, grants, production, education activities, class instructors and communications, and overseeing daily operations of the office and studio.
The Administrative Assistant Position is a short-term contract position at 10-15hr/week from December 2016 – April 2017, with the possibility of extension.
General Duties: In coordination with Mile Zero Dance Society Board of Directors and the Artistic Director, the Administrative Assistant shall engage in the following:
- Coordinate studio bookings, scheduling, and rental invoicing;
- Support grant applications, with writing, collating, proofing, etc. as required;
- Supervise and coordinate short-term internships, as approved by the Board;
- Supervise part-time and contract staff and volunteers as required;
- Support and manage web-based content and on-line schedule, on a timely basis;
- Coordinate member data-base, volunteer assignments and track participation;
- Attend weekly staff meeting(s) as required;
- Facilitate studio maintenance and management;
- Coordinate report writing and timely submissions to funding, governmental, and corporate bodies;
- Ensure compliance with funding requirements;
- Provide event support, as required; and
- Other duties as required and agreed upon.
This position begins November 28, 2016, at a starting wage of $20/hr.
Deadline to apply: November 15, 2016.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.